Región de Antofagasta
San Pedro de Atacama is one of the star destinations of South America, with countless and amazing hot springs, imposing salt flats, impressive volcanoes and strange geological formations. The variety of the flora and fauna attracts those who love and have a connection with nature and also those who love sports and adventure. San Pedro is also full of archaeological and cultural riches, reminder of the magnificent past of the Atacama culture. From dusk in the Geysers del Tatio, surrounded by mountains and snow-covered volcanoes, till dawn in the salty lagoons full of Andean Flamingos, San Pedro will take your breath away.
Main Touristic Attractions
- Geysers del Tatio: Steam and vapor emanations in one of the biggest geothermal fields in the world.
- Machuca: Traditional village with adobe constructions, inhabited by ancestral llama’s shepherds. It is particularly known for the local culture, Andean handicraft, sopaipillas and empanadas.
- Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon): Extravagant mountain formation located in the Salt Mountains. Over the years it has been shaped by the wind and water, creating a strong energetic place.
- Valle de la Muerte (Death Valley): On the cutting edge of the valley of the Salt Mountains, we find this valley full of contrasts where sand boarding can be practiced.
- Salt Flat and Altiplanic Lagoons: The great Atacama Salt Flat is located in Los Flamencos National Reserve. It is surrounded by beautiful lagoons and Andean flamingos.
- Cejar Lagoon: The high content of salt in the water causes a funny and relaxing flotation effect. Visitors can get there from San Pedro by bike.
- Rainboy Valley: Located in the Domeyko Mountains, we find this valley. Because of the great variety of mineral a colorful landscape is generated as if a rainbow has been printed on them.
- Tara Salt Flat: Beautiful Salt Flat with a rich flora and fauna. Its main characteristic is the beauty and majestic silence that surrounds it.
- Toconao: A town entirely built in Liparita Stone. The place is full of history and its buildings have been declared national monuments.
- Archaeological Tour: San Pedro de Atacama is Chile’s National Capital or Archaeology. The tour takes the guests through history, culture and the main archaeological sites in Atacama.
- Puritama Thermal Springs: Natural warm waters at 33º C, invite the visitors to take a bath surrounded by amazing views of the mountains.
- Ledge Trekking: ancient paths, with smooth changes in level lead the visitors to the Catarpe Valley, the only green spot in the area.
- Horse Riding, bike riding, trekking and mountaineering routes. The horseback excursions across the Valley of the Moon, the bike riding paths towards Pukará de Quitor, trekking routes to the Salt Mountains and Domenyko and the ascension to the Licancabur Volcano are world famous.
Local tourism agencies
The agency was founded with the aim of offering professional services in the touristic area.We are present in San Pedro de Atacama, Santiago and the Lakes Region. We offer travelers comprehensive programs with regular or private excursions. All excursions have skilled bilingual guides and drivers and first class vehicles.
This product is the main feature of our company: seriousness, reliability, security and a fully trained team to deliver true information to each of our passengers. Our logistics and coordination guarantee a quality product to the travelers.
On Safari Atacama www.onsafariatacama.com
On Safari Atacama offers a wide variety or adventure related activities with a maximum of 6 passengers per group.Trekking, photography, mountain bike, 4×4 Overland, motorbikes, astronomy and ATV quad.
A unique way to visit Atacama. We explore remote territories in the desert and the Andes. We design trips for those who love nature and adrenaline and also for those who love photography and bird watching.