Puerto Natales offers several attractions, though the main one is the astonishing beauty of Patagonia. Cattle ranchs, the Andes, glaciers and fjords provide the guest countless outdoor activities, adventure and excursions. Among all the options, fishing, kayaking, bike riding, navigation and long walks stand out. The exceptional view of the costanera facing Señoret Canal, invites the guest to take long walks and watch the black-necked swans while enjoying the glorious reddish sunsets. Nature here, at the end of the world has the power to amaze its visitors. Puerto Natales is the ideal starting point to discover the beautiful landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park, Cueva del Milodón Natural Monument, and Glaciers National Park.
Main touristic activities:
- Full Day at Torres del Paine: After visiting the ancient Milodón Cave and a short stop at Cerro Castillo, we arrive to Torres del Paine National Park. The tour includes an extensive visit to the park with some of the most mesmerizing landscapes in the world together with the exotic fauna that includes ñandus, red fox, guanacos and condors among others.
- Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers navigation tour: Embarking in Puerto Natales , the tour begins navigating through Ultima Esperanza Sound. The visitor will be able to enjoy the landscape, woods and the exotic fauna. The final stop is at Mount Balmaceda where the stunningly imposing Balmaceda and Serrano glaciers are located.
- Full day at Perito Moreno: Perito Moreno Glacier is one of the most important natural attractions in Argentina. It stands out because of the fall and loosening or the enormous masses of ice.
- Lake Grey Navigation: Lake Grey has a big number of huge icebergs from Grey Glacier. At the stunning frontal wall of the Glacier the visitor can enjoy an appetizer while having an amazing view of the landscape.
- Dorotea Horse Riding: Half or full day horse riding excursions up Dorotea Hill. At the summit the panoramic views of Patagonia will captivate the visitors.
- Ice-Trekking: Ice-trekking on the border of Grey Glacier.
- Trekking in Torres del Paine National Park: The park offers numerous trekking circuits with different levels of difficulty and duration.
- Sport Fishing: Sport fishing can be carried out in several rivers and lakes in Puerto Natales, particularly in Toro Lake, Maravilla y Porteño.
- Kayaking: There are several kayak routes to follow, surrounded by gorgeous landscapes, black-necked swans, Andean flamingos and other birds. The most popular route is between Grey Lake and Grey River.
Local tourism agencies
Turismo 21 de Mayo www.turismo21demayo.com
This agency has been navigating Patagonian waters for the past 46 years. It is the leading agency in the organization of excursions to Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers and Torres del Paine. It owns Perales Ranch at Ultima Esperanza fjord and Monto Balmaceda Inn in Berdardo O’higgins National Park. Our logistics knowledge, expertise, experience, human capital, and infrastructure are a guarantee to enjoy this beautiful land.
Turismo Comapa www.comapa.com
We are an important tourist Operator of the Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia. Established since 1964 in the Magellan Region and Antarctica, we have a vast experience and professionalism in this activity. We are a guarantee for those who visit us. We offer many touristic activities from regular or adventure programs to excursions and sea cruises.
Tour Express www.tourexpress.cl
We are an agency with more than 15 years of experience in tourism. Our main feature is our constant growth and modernization, particularly of our fleet. We have modern fully equipped vehicles that let us provide a completely guaranteed service to our visitors.
Punta Alta www.puntaalta.cl
Punta Alta S.A. Tour Operator, is located in Patagonia, providing services for tourists in the Magellan’s Region, specifically in Puerto Natales, the capital of the Ultima Esperanza Province. Puerto Natales is the gateway to the spectacular Torres del Paine National Park and to the surrounding glaciers.
Adan Paredes, Dorotea Horse Riding.